If you’re setting up a membership portal, one of the most important things to consider is the software you’ll use. Software will determine what you can and can’t do on your own site, and even how you communicate with your members.
Changing the software at a later point in time is a massive job, so getting this decision right (or right for you) is incredibly important.
So, what is the best membership site software?
What Is The Best Membership Site Software?
The best membership site software packages come from MemberPress and Kleq, but which of the two will depend on your needs. Our top picks are two very different membership site software packages – one works as a plug-in and the other hosts your whole website.
So it depends on whether you’re starting out or if you have an existing website, but if we had to pick then MemberPress is simple to use and gets better reviews.
MemberPress makes it really easy to add membership content to your existing WordPress website as a WordPress plugin. It offers the following:
- Simple to set up as it can automatically set up pricing, login, accounts, and thank you pages for your members.
- Allows you to create unlimited membership levels.
- Offers comprehensive reporting of your member’s activity.
- Offers automated billing and a built-in membership management dashboard.
- Supports other WordPress plug-ins so you are free to expand your membership site’s offerings such as password-protected forums and affiliate programs.
Kleq offers an all-in-one membership site solution which includes but is not limited to the following features:
- Very easy to set up your site via a drag-and-drop front-end design builder.
- Has very flexible design options – you can design it any way you want.
- Includes hosting and tech support which would save you the cost of the software in hosting and web development.
- Includes in-house integrations that you would otherwise have to pay for and install.
- Offers very attentive live customer support.
It’s up to you to compare these two and pick the one that best suits your needs.
However, the best membership site software should be easy to use, offer customizable page templates, and include secure payment processing. In addition, it should minimize your workload by automating many of your daily tasks whilst offering insights about your member’s online behavior.
What Is Membership Site Software?
Membership site software is a platform that helps you to create and manage online communities or subscription-based websites. It provides tools to restrict access to different content, which allows site owners to offer exclusive content, courses, or forums to paying members only.
These platforms often include features like user authentication, content protection, payment processing, and membership-level management. Popular membership site software options include WordPress plugins like MemberPress and standalone platforms such as Kleq.
This software simplifies the process of running a membership site, making it easier for you and your business to monetize your content and to create and engage with a community.
Should I Get A Membership Site Software Or Platform?
Whether to choose a membership site software or platform depends on your specific needs.
If you already have a website and want to add membership features, a software solution like a WordPress plugin may suffice. Platforms like Kleq are ideal for those seeking an all-in-one solution, offering hosting, payment processing, and content management.
Consider factors such as your technical level, budget, and whether you need any specific features. Software may provide flexibility but may require more integration, while platforms offer convenience but might have higher costs.
It’s important to assess your needs to determine which option fits best with your goals and your budget.
Read next: What Does MemberClicks Cost?