[Last updated: November 2023]
In this policy:
- “We,” “us,” or “our” refer to Member Sherpa, a subsidiary of Net Net Hunter LLC.
- “You” pertains to anyone utilizing our website, services, or communicating with us.
- Personal Information Refers to any data that can directly identify you, such as your name, email address, contact details, or data that, when combined with other information, can be used to identify you.
- Website Refers to our online platform, which can be accessed at https://www.membersherpa.com.
Collecting Personal Information
We collect various types of personal information from you for legitimate business purposes. The specific data we collect depends on your interactions with our website and services. Here are the main categories of personal information we may collect:
- Communication Data This category includes information you provide when you interact with us, such as joining our mailing list, contacting us through our website’s contact form, sending us emails, text messages, social media messages, or engaging in any other form of communication. Communication data may also encompass geographical information if you enable location services in our app. We process this data to communicate with you, maintain records, and handle legal claims.
- Customer Data When you purchase our products or services, you may provide us with customer data. This data typically includes basic information like your name, title, billing and delivery address, email address, phone number, and purchase details. Please note that we do not receive or store your full card payment information when you make payments through third-party service like Stripe. We process customer data to fulfill your orders and maintain transaction records.
- User Data This category covers data related to your use of our website and online services. It includes information you may post for publication on our website or through other online services. We process user data to operate our website, provide relevant content, maintain security, back up our databases, and enable website administration and business functions.
- Technical Data Technical data encompasses information about your use of our website and online services, including your IP address, login data, browser details, duration of page visits, page views, navigation paths, frequency of website usage, time zone settings, and information about the technology and devices you use to access our website. We collect this data through analytics tracking systems to analyze your website usage, maintain security, deliver personalized website content and advertisements, and evaluate the effectiveness of our advertising campaigns.
- Marketing Data Marketing data includes information about your preferences regarding marketing communications, both from us and third parties. We process marketing data to facilitate your participation in our online services, deliver tailored website content and advertisements, and assess the efficacy of our advertising efforts. On occasion, we may use surveys or contests to request additional information, but your participation in these activities is entirely voluntary.
Collecting Information from Third Parties
In addition to the data you provide directly, we may collect personal information from third parties, including:
- Analytics providers like Google
- Advertising networks such as Facebook
- Information providers like Google
- Technical, payment, and delivery service providers such as data brokers or aggregators
These third parties may be located within or outside the EU. The information obtained from third parties is subject to the same privacy protections outlined in this policy. We will not intentionally collect personal information that is unintentionally disclosed.
We do not intend to collect sensitive information about you, such as details about your health, racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious beliefs, or sexual orientation. We kindly request that you refrain from disclosing such information on our website or associated platforms. If you choose to include your photograph in our online forum, please be aware that other forum users may make assumptions about your racial or ethnic background.
Our services are not designed for individuals under 13 years of age, and we do not intend to collect information about minors. If you are between 13 and 18 years old, you may use our services with parental or guardian permission. In such cases, we request that your parent or guardian’s personal information be used rather than yours.
If you provide us with a testimonial, you grant us consent to display your name, likeness, and the date of service delivery on our website or in our marketing materials, along with the content of the testimonial you provide. While we may edit testimonials, we do so with the goal of preserving the original meaning. We may store and use your testimonial for up to 7 years from the date it is provided. You retain the right to withdraw your consent.
We process your personal data for marketing communications based on either your consent or our legitimate interests, specifically our interest in growing our business. We may recommend sharing your information with third parties for their marketing purposes, but we will only do so with your express consent. You can opt out of receiving marketing messages at any time by using the provided opt-out links or by emailing us. Please note that opting out of marketing communications does not affect personal data provided for other transactions, such as purchases.
Social Networking Services and Links to Other Websites
You can connect with us through our social media pages on Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, Twitter, and LinkedIn. When you communicate with us via these services, your personal information may be collected. Social networking services will also process your personal information for their own purposes and maintain their privacy policies. We recommend reviewing the privacy policies of any service you use.
We employ a range of tools provided by third parties, including our website host, third-party service providers, and search engine browsers, to collect access and traffic information for statistical, reporting, and maintenance purposes. These third-party providers have their own privacy policies.
We also use tracking pixels, cookies, and session tools to enhance your online experience. The data collected by cookies typically does not directly identify you but may be combined with other information to do so. If we identify you using cookie information, we may use it to tailor content to your needs or invite you to explore our services in greater depth. The kind of information collected may include device-specific details, server logs, location information, and local storage availability.
You can also choose to opt out of interest-based advertising by advertisers on our Website.
Use and Disclosure of Personal Information
We use personal information for various legitimate business purposes, including:
- Verifying your identity
- Enabling you to use our services
- Processing orders, registrations, and inquiries
- Providing information about events, products, and services that may interest you
- Offering personalized service or special opportunities
- Allowing participation in interactive features of our online services
- Running competitions, prize draws, and promotions (if applicable)
- Facilitating internal business operations
- Improving our products or services and planning new ones
- Conducting market research surveys
- Monitoring compliance with our Terms and Conditions
We may share your contact information with third-party organizations offering products or services that align with your interests, but only with your consent. We do not sell, lend, or lease your identifiable personal information.
We may also disclose your information to:
- Other companies within our group providing services to us
- Third-party suppliers engaged in processing data on our behalf (e.g., IT and system administration services)
- Payment third parties in case of payment disputes (e.g., sharing user activity information with Stripe to resolve disputes)
- Professional advisers like accountants, lawyers, bankers, auditors, and insurers
- Government bodies requiring us to report processing activities
- Third parties when required by law, law enforcement authorities, or court orders
Security and Overseas Recipients
We are dedicated to protecting your personal information to industry standards, although no system can guarantee 100% security. We take steps to safeguard your data from misuse, interference, loss, unauthorized access, unlawful or accidental destruction, modification, or disclosure. Our security measures include using respected hosting services, firewalls, electronic security procedures, and managerial procedures.
In the event of a suspected personal data breach, we have procedures in place to address it promptly and will notify you and applicable regulators as required by law.
Please note that when you use the internet to transmit personal data, it may be transmitted internationally. For example, our hosting and storage systems have data centers in the United States. Different countries may have varying levels of privacy protection, and by using our services, you acknowledge and consent to the international transmission of your data. We endeavor to ensure that your data is protected to a similar standard as described in this policy by partnering with third-party providers that uphold comparable privacy safeguards.
If you opt to receive information about products or services from carefully selected organizations (our business partners), you can change your preferences at any time using the unsubscribe function within their emails. Similarly, our marketing emails and newsletters include an unsubscribe option. You can also update your subscription settings if you are a subscriber. If you continue to receive communications you have unsubscribed from, please contact us at email@example.com, and we will address the issue promptly.
We retain your personal data only for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected. This includes satisfying legal, accounting, or reporting requirements. We evaluate data retention based on factors like the data’s volume, nature, sensitivity, potential risks, processing purposes, and legal obligations.
For tax purposes, we are required to retain basic customer information for five years after they cease to be customers. In certain situations, we may anonymize your personal data for research or statistical purposes, allowing us to use it indefinitely without additional notice.
Our website may contain links to third-party websites, plug-ins, applications, and advertisements. Clicking on these links or enabling these connections may allow third parties to collect or share data about you. We do not control these third-party websites and are not responsible for their privacy statements or content. We encourage you to review the privacy notices of all websites you visit after leaving our platform.
Accessing and Correcting Your Personal Information – Your Legal Rights
Under data protection laws, you have rights related to your personal data, including:
- The right to request access to your data
- The right to correct inaccuracies in your data
- The right to have your data erased (the “right to be forgotten”)
- The right to restrict the processing of your data
- The right to data portability
- The right to object to the processing of your data
- The right to withdraw consent (where applicable)
To exercise these rights or if you have any questions about your data, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will not charge a fee to access your data unless your request is unfounded, repetitive, or excessive. In such cases, we may charge a reasonable fee or decline your request. To ensure data security, we may request specific information to verify your identity and the legitimacy of your request.
We strive to respond to all legitimate requests within one month, although complex requests may take longer. If you request to have your information erased, please be aware that it may continue to be stored in our backups until they are scheduled for deletion. We maintain a log of such requests to ensure proper handling during backup restoration.
If you are dissatisfied with any aspect of how we handle your data, please contact us first so that we can attempt to resolve the issue. You also have the right to lodge a complaint with your local data protection authority.
680 S Cache Street, Suite 100-7403, Jackson, WY, 83001, USA
We are committed to protecting your privacy and ensuring your data is handled with the utmost care and security. Thank you for trusting Member Sherpa with your personal information.